Millions of people around the world are affected by obesity and weight gain problem. Despite trying so hard they are unable to lose their extra body fat. Even if someone is able to lose the weight by trying hard, they are not able to maintain the consistency in their weight. In addition to exercises and diet control, there are many weight loss solutions which claim to be effective. These include weight loss pills, weight loss supplements, and weight loss surgeries. But, these are the unnatural ways of losing weight. They cause a lot of side effects, if the body is not able to perceive these weight loss treatments in a positive manner. Hence, there are many people who look for the natural ways for losing weight because they help in side-effect free weight loss. One of the natural ingredients which is ideal for weight loss is turmeric. Turmeric for weight loss is being used since a long time in some Asian countries and in Ayurvedic medicines, but now it is used by the people all over the world for losing weight.
Know about turmeric
Turmeric is a magical spice that belongs to the ginger family. When fresh, it is deep orange in color, but in the powdered form it is of yellow color. Curcumin is the compound which is responsible for imparting a yellow color to turmeric. It contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which make it ideal to be used for the medicinal purpose. It is used in cooking for adding color and taste to the dishes. There are so many health benefits of using turmeric but its effectiveness in weight loss has already been proved in several researches. Turmeric has some therapeutic properties which make it ideal to be used in the treatment of injuries, bruises, cuts and various diseases. In addition to this, turmeric is widely used in weight loss.
Turmeric and weight loss
Lots of researches have been conducted for knowing the efficiency of turmeric for weight loss in humans. In every research positive conclusions have been made regarding the benefits of turmeric in weight management. Turmeric favors fat burning and alters the fat cell composition which helps in losing weight. Thus, with the help of turmeric, you will be able to cut down the excessive body fat and get a slimmer body.
How turmeric promotes weight loss?
Turmeric for weight loss works in two ways. One is by boosting the metabolic rate of the body and the other is by preventing fat cell growth in the body. Curcumin is responsible for lowering the blood flow to the fat cells. This helps in inhibiting the division of the cells in the body. When there is no supply of nutrients and oxygen to the fat cells, there is no growth of fat cells. Hence, it prevents weight gain and lowers your actual body weight to give you slimmer looks.
Uncountable benefits of turmeric in weight loss
When you start taking turmeric in any form, you will notice a change in your looks. You are now more slim and energetic than before. Now, your double chin is flattened, bulky waist has got slimmer and you can now wear the body fit dresses. This has just happened due to the benefits of turmeric in weight loss.
Some of the most recognized benefits of Turmeric for weight loss include:
- Detoxify your body: Turmeric contains rich amount of anti-oxidants which are helpful in boosting the body’s ability to fight with the toxins in your body. Turmeric mainly detoxifies the liver, which is responsible for digestion. When turmeric detoxifies the liver, all the harmful toxins from liver are removed. This helps in boosting the metabolic rate of the body, improved metabolism means a higher rate of burning fat. Thus, it helps in reducing your weight in the healthy manner.
- Improves digestion: There are many people who are successful in weight loss through exercising and strict diet, but they are not able to fight with the belly fat. It is the most stubborn type of fat in the body which can hamper your looks. If you want to get rid of it, turmeric is the solution. Turmeric helps in improving digestion of the body and speeds up the metabolism also. If you experience bloating in your stomach, turmeric will help in treating it because curcumin compound of turmeric is anti inflammatory in nature. Thus, it helps in giving relief from bloating.
- Improves metabolism: In respect to weight loss, metabolism plays an important role. It is helpful in converting the food you eat into the energy that is effectively used by the body. When your metabolism is improved, you will feel more active and energetic. This will inspire your body to burn calories and promote weight loss, even if you are not doing the physical exercise or work.
- Regulates body Sugar: Turmeric is responsible for controlling the insulin level in the body which controls the body sugar. This prevents the fat storage in the body. As a result, you do not put on excessive weight.
- Cleanses your blood vessels in the body: Turmeric contains several compounds which are helpful in cleansing the blood cell vessels. Thus, it ensures that lipid in the blood cell is lowered. It also lowers the fat from your body tissues.
- Prevents the damaging effect of oily meals: if you are adding turmeric in the oily and spicy meals, you can be relaxed as it will not turn into fat. Turmeric is helpful in eliminating the harmful effects of oily and spicy dishes. Hence, your body weight is managed.
Ways to consume turmeric
There are lots of ways by which you can take turmeric for weight loss. Turmeric supplements are available in the market in the form of capsules that are filled with turmeric powder mixed with some medicine power. However, turmeric in this form can cause several side effects like nausea, indigestion, diarrhea and dizziness. But, most of the dieticians and experts recommend that turmeric should be consumed with the food because it is then safer to consume as it is in the natural form. You can use it in food items or prepare healthy drinks with turmeric.
Turmeric in cooking: In Asian cuisines, Indian cuisines and many more cuisines, Turmeric is the most important spice. Adding even a pinch of turmeric can impart a yellow color to the food. Turmeric is particularly used in making curry dishes to enhance its color and taste. There are many snacks also in which turmeric is used as a coloring agent. There are some foods in which turmeric is used along with ginger garlic paste for marinating. Even the consumption of a pinch of turmeric every day will help in maintaining the metabolic rate of your body. Thus, it helps in weight loss.
Turmeric tea: It is thermogenic in nature and hence highly effective in weight loss in a natural way. Turmeric tea can be easily prepared at home with easily available ingredients. Turmeric for weight loss in the form of tea helps in quick weight loss. Along with this, it also helps in treating digestion problems, colitis and intestinal diseases which help in improving the metabolic rate of the body and promotes a healthy weight loss.
How to make turmeric tea?
It is very simple to make Turmeric tea at home. You need water, lemon juice, turmeric powder, ginger powder, and pepper. In the boiling water, add the other ingredients and let it brew for some time. After boiling the mix for a few minutes, turn off the flame and allow it to cool for some time. You can drink it once its temperature is brought down to the normal. Make sure that you do not add honey or sugar for sweetening it because that will add calories to it and there will be no use of drinking turmeric tea for weight loss. Turmeric tea can be prepared with milk, green tea, and black tea also for variation and changing its taste. This tea is absolutely healthy because, in addition to promoting weight loss, it also helps in enhancing your immunity and enables your body to stay healthy and free from infections.
Turmeric milk: This is one of the most wonderful drinks, which is considered as ideal for healing the body in the natural ways. The combination of turmeric powder and milk not will only boost your metabolism, but also promote blood flow in your body. This helps in soothing your body in a natural way and makes you feel more relaxed and calm. You need to add a half teaspoon of turmeric in a glass full of warm milk. It also helps in boosting your immunity. When you drink this milk at night before sleep, you will be able to enjoy a peaceful sleep at night. Thus, it will make your body to burn fat at a rapid pace and help you in weight loss. This milk is also helpful in eliminating body pain or pain due to injury. Turmeric is supposed to have the therapeutic properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and anti-septic properties.
Turmeric and ginger juice: Juice of turmeric and ginger is also helpful in lowering your body weight. It is helpful in stopping the fat cell formation process and breakdown of the existing fat cells in the body. Thus, it helps in promoting a healthy weight loss. In this way, a balance of nutrients in maintained in your body which does not make you feel weak. Rather than buying the turmeric and ginger juice, it is better to extract the turmeric and ginger juice in your home juicer. Freshly prepared juice is more effective in weight loss than the packed juices. The packed juices contain lots of preservatives and additives which may not help in showing the positive results on weight loss.
Say no to turmeric supplements
There are many brands that manufacture the turmeric supplements or capsules and claim for their efficiency also. But, it is highly suggested that such weight loss supplements are not suitable for everyone. There are lots of risks associated with them so try to rely on the natural and safe consumption of turmeric for weight loss.